· Brooklyn Heights Jewish Academy (BHJA) is the neighborhood’s first Jewish day school building upon the success of the Gan Menachem Kiddie Korner Preschool (established in 1991).
· BHJA starts at kindergarten level and will grow through 12th grade, adding a grade level with every school year. For the 2016-2017 school year, BHJA is accepting applications for kindergarten and 1st grade.
· Our address: 81 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201
· Dean of school is Rabbi Aaron L. Raskin. Rabbi Raskin is also the Rabbi at Congregation Bnai Avraham. His wife, Shternie Raskin, is the director of Kiddie Korner preschool.
· Contact Head of School, Marina Pinkhasik, at email@example.com or at (203) 437-2925
· Affiliation: Our school is an Orthodox Jewish Day School but our student population is very diverse. Our kids come from families with a variety of religious practice and observance. Therefore our student population spans everyone from families fully participating in the religion, to non-practicing Jewish families, and everyone in-between.
· Class size: Our class size will average 15 students. We aim to keep our classes small to ensure that every student receives individualized one-on-one attention.
o Teacher to student ratio is 1:8
· School day: Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade follow the following schedule:
o Monday through Thursday: 8:30AM-3:30PM
o Friday: 8:30AM-2:30PM OR 1:30PM (depending on the time for Shabbat)
o Early drop off (8AM-8:30AM) is available for families who need it for additional cost.
o After-school clubs are available at additional cost. Families can sign up for all (or some) of these activities. Please contact the school for more information regarding after-school activities.