· Does my child have to be a certain age for admission to kindergarten?
All children have to be 5 years old BEFORE December 31st of the academic year for admission to kindergarten.
· What is the application deadline?
All application materials have to be submitted by December 31st to be considered for admission for the following school year. IF there are still open spots available after December 31st, we will have a rolling admission process until the classes are full. This will happen only if the classes do not get filled to capacity, therefore it is recommended to submit all paperwork by the December 31st date.
· What is the tuition for Brooklyn Heights Jewish Academy?
The tuition for BHJA is $21,000.
· Is there financial aid available?
Yes, financial aid is certainly available for families who qualify. We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our financial aid process. You will have to complete the SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). For more information or for help in filling out the necessary form please contact Fran Bast at email@example.com
· What must be submitted for admission consideration into Brooklyn Heights Jewish Academy?
The following materials need to be submitted as part of the application packet:
1. Brooklyn Heights Jewish Academy application form
2. If your child is currently attending school, please include a teacher recommendation form AND the current school transcripts
3. A photo of your child
4. Your child’s birth certificate
5. The non-refundable application fee of $100
6. Financial Aid materials if applicable
***Please send all application materials to:
81 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11201
· What is the admission process?
1. The first step in the application process is to join us at our Open House or to contact the school for a tour. Even though this step is not required, we understand how important choosing a school for your child is. Therefore we believe it is essential for us to meet all interested families and be able to answer all questions you may have about BHJA.
2. Next, please submit all the required paperwork (please refer to the application checklist).
3. Once the paperwork is received, you will be contacted for an interview. All interviews will take place in January.
4. Notifications of acceptance will be mailed in February.
· What can I expect the interview to be like? Is there a way to prepare for this part of the process?
There is no need to prepare for your interview. During this time (about 30 minutes) your child will join one of our classes (at your child’s current age level). S/he will be able to participate in whatever classroom activity is happening at that time (ex: music, art, circle time, science, etc…). The interview gives you a chance to learn more about us and what happens on any regular day as part of our curriculum, as well as giving us the opportunity to get to know you better. This is a stress free and an enjoyable getting-to-know each other experience.
We strive to make the admissions process as easy and straightforward as possible and invite you to contact us at 203-437-2925 for any additional information or questions you may have. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org